Thursday, May 27, 2010

It's all the same, if everybody leaves her.

I would like to start this out with a little personal update. First, let's talk about growing up - because it's no fun. I wish I would have listened to my parents. I'm turning twenty three this upcoming month. Really, it's like two weeks. Things hit you like a brick. I'm twenty three. Twenty three! 23! two three. Holy shit.


In all of this aging stress, I've taken so many things and pushed myself to cross them off the list. I have a credit card bill, from when I was eighteen. I owe nine hundred bucks. I knew at the back of my mind, that this was true - but when I realized how old I was getting, and that in the NEAR future I would be looking to move out on my own completely (I mean, I live with roommates now, but that doesn't count.) So, I contacted my collections company and got all of that mess squared away to make payments on it. Yay!

I also applied to Oakland Community College. I'm going to go finish that associate's. My main goal is to grab an associates, and look for some small business grants. But, hell - that's the future, this is now.

Speaking of now, I got a car today! This is the first car I have had in three years, no four years - that was MY car. Not one that I share with my love. I have a car. I can't say it enough. I'm very excited.


MOVING ON;
Crafts. ABOUT those. Let's talk about them. I made things! Specifically, I made my brother a birthday present. A desk set which included a pen container and a mini bulletin board. I have step by step instructions to the bulletin board, which I thought was SUPER cute and very handy if you are low on wall space, haha.

Let's get started!


you are going to neeed;
  • cork
  • picture frame
  • fabric
  • glue (i used tacky, you should not, haha)
  • paint (optional)
  • pens
  • scissors/razorblade


You can also have a cute kitty. This could not be avoided for me. He was VERY adamant about helping.



Take your picture frame. Take the back off, remove the glass and save it for a future project!



Use the back part to trace a shape on the cork.

This is where the cat comes in. He will try and guide your pen in all sorts of crazy directions. Do not allow this to happen.

Place the cut out cork into the frame, along with a cardboard backing. Close it up, just to make sure it fits.

I was in luck. It really did fit.

Track the fabric with allowance to wrap it up nice and neat.

Wrap it up in the middle, like so. Glue in place, and than do this with the outer edges. Apparently my camera disappeared into the mess, because this is the last picture I took until the finished project;

I trimmed off the mess, and in the end I think it looked really good. My brother didn't get back to me on whether he liked it or not, but you know.

This is a crappy phone picture of the complete set. :D Notice I put his initials on the board and on the other say of the container is a B as well as the apparent J. :D




Okay, that's it for me! I'm out of here.
The next update? It won't be so far away.
Just a few days, and will include some of the jewelry I'm making!

I hope everyone has amazing plans for memorial day weekend! :]

1 comment: