Monday, May 10, 2010

Belated Mother's Day

Happy Belated Mother's Day!


I wanted to wait until yesterday night to post this, but I was so exhausted from staying up so late all weekend and working at ten a.m. Sunday. I'm doing it now though, and I hope everyone had a fantastic Mother's Day.

Today I'm going to share my homemade Mother's Day gifts.
These are sloppy, and not very well done. It's a very neat idea if you wanted to really put some effort into it and use acrylics or something.

Materials I used:
Cardstock
Frames
Watercolors
Paintbrushes
Xacto
Pencil & Newspaper


I only took pictures of the final outcome, but I'll give a short description on my process.

I penciled in the lettering, and put the cardstock on top of cardboard. I than cut the lettering out and threw it in the garabge bag.

I took a full sheet of cardstock and used a single color to paint the sheet. After it dried a little bit, I put in some darker lines around where I thought the lettering would line up. (Sometimes I was dead wrong, haha.) Than I painted the sayings on the front cardstock, and cut both sheets to side. Than, wahla! Put in the frame, close up - and you have a simple, cute, box.

Okay, okay. It took a little more than this. You really have to mess with it. I ended up not only putting black lines around the lettering, but also adding the backdrop color to the front sheet too. I'm bad at explaining things without pictures - I PROMISE that I will have pictures next time.









It is actually raining today, so I can't collect the wood for my next project until probably Thursday. So, look forward to a post than. :] The project is really cute, I think.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Adorable. Wish I had seen this before mother's day so I could have done something similar.
    In any case, I mostly commented to tell you I'm following you now.. I forgot your blog name and couldn't find it on facebook..

    ReplyDelete