Monday, May 17, 2010

The Last Hour.

Well, hell. Today is a small update, for the most part. It includes;

  • a small project
  • pictures of my new craft box, with brand new stuff inside! :D
  • pictures of some lame watercolors i did for my boring white walls
Let's get the show on the road. Today's project is small but very adorable. I bought a back of 5 headbands (you know, the thin plastic ones?) and out of the five, one was colored brown. I have a headband addiction, and most of them are supposed to stand out. I have brown hair, so I didn't like that it blended in. What's my solution? Not let it go to waste - I want to be able to wear every headband I own. This is my solution;

Get some colorful string, and a glue gun together.
This isn't string, per se. It's actually a flat ribbon-esque cro-sheen,
but anything would work. You'll be doing a lot of wrapping with plain string though.





Glue a dab of glue on the end, and place your material in it. Start a-wrappin'! It took me roughly twenty minutes to get all the way around.


Here's a closer picture of the wrapping process.

Keeep wrapping. When you get to the end, wrap it up nice and tight and glue it down.

Excuse the messs my hair/face is. This is the finished product!


Now I have an awesome headband, fixed up in my favorite color. It also happens to be the color of most of my clothes! Imagine! :]



Next are just some photos; The first couple are my new craft boxes. I have a tub, but it's not with me right now. These were empty, and in the last couple of days I've filled them with new goodies too! The second set is lame (I know, it's lame) artwork of quotes and stuff. It's just filler to keep my walls not so white. I'm working on replacementss! :]





No comments:

Post a Comment