Monday, June 14, 2010

We might go just you and me to pick wild strawberries together.

Today is a special day, because it starts the new set-up of the blog. This week is special, because it's all going to be themed around the same thing, to celebrate the coming of summer.

Strawberries! All week, all topics, all strawberries!

Let's jump into today's Theme day, which will be different every Monday. So don't get used to seeing the same set-up here!



The garden strawberry was bred in France, in 1740. I didn't know this, and I would have never thought it was bred. Interesting! More importantly, the strawberry is my favorite fruit and goes well with my second favorite fruit - bananas!



Strawberry jewelry is precious. While there are thousands of selections, these are a few of my Etsy favorites. :]

[from the top, left to right; Strawberry and Cream, Jelly Roll Cake Adjustable Ring; 6.50 Pink Strawberry Necklace, Silver Chain - Sweet Lolita. 10.00 Red Silver Strawberry Leaf Earrings 14.95 Strawberry Stud Earrings. 4.00 ]




Now, I have curly, untamed hair. I'm still obsessed with all sorts of hair pieces. These are just tooo cute!

[from the top, left to right; Pink Puffy Strawberry Felt Flip 3.00 Strawberry Cutie Hair Bobby Pin Picks 6.99 Strawberry Ponytail Holders 5.00 Set of Two Red Strawberry Hair Clips 4.00 ]



[from the top, left to right; Pink Pillow with Strawberry Applique 22.00 Cute Fabric Strawberry Garland 12.50 Strawberry Magnets 5.50 Ceramic Vintage Style Strawberries Sign 22.50]


I'd also like to make a small statement on Etsy and why I choose to link their merch. There might be times in the future that I link items that are on other websites, besides Etsy - but they will be few and far between. These ladies and gentlemen work hard to bring their crafts into the world, and I like featuring items from "nobodies." Some of the kids pay for college, some of them pay bills, raise children, live life - all on what they make crafting.

Of course, don't feel like you have to buy - be inspired too! Got extra red felt and some ribbon? Make your own hair doohickey! (Yes, that's so a word.)

See you guys tomorrow! I've got a homemade smoothie to finish. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. artfire.com is a similar website to estey, you might want to check it out and link some items from there. =]

    ReplyDelete