Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My apologies.

I'm incredibly sorry for the missed days. I'm pretty much failing at all my goals, but I had a tremendously busy weekend & I just couldn't find enough time at home. I had an open house to attend, and a fantastic Father's Day. I'm a daddy's girl. Than, I helped my mommy plant her gourds and oh! Just had a blast this weekend, and on my two days off.

Here's what I made my daddy for father's day. It's a cork board, but my mom says it's too cute to cover up!



Onto today's topic; as I am skipping Sunday & Monday because well - I skipped it.
It's Paper Tuesday! I happened to catch the Detroit Fireworks and was really inspired by the beauty in the lights, so today's theme is fireworks!

Here are some really awesome cards that I found to share with you guys.

[from top left to right: Cat Card - the 4th of July 2.00 4th of July Star Fireworks Die Cuts Set of 30 2.40 Fireworks Die Cuts 1.15 Set of Four Mini Cards - Fireworks 4.00 ]]


&& Of course here is my creation. It's a little abstract, but it's my firework. Of course if I was sending this to someone, I would put some lettering - but in a ten minute rush to finish it, all you get is the firework! Haha.



Sorry for the bad quality, all I had was my crappy camera. It looks way better than that in person, haha.

Before I leave, let's talk paper!

Like everything else sweet as hell, the Egyptians invented it. It was made from beaten papyrus to keep records. HOWEVER, the Chinese are the ones who invented the paper making process. Outside of Egypt, due to the climate needed to grow the papyrus, others used sheepskin and calfskin to make parchment. Gross! Interest though, isn't it?


See you tomorrow for a freebie!

No comments:

Post a Comment