Friday, June 18, 2010

Heyy guys! Today I'm going to show you some things I've been making this week, and how to make cute little matchbook notebooks for your friends.



Remember paper day? I made a few strawberry themed cards. They came out so horrible, I just had to share them, hahaha. By the time I got around to take pictures of them I had flecked more paint, and wiped more brushes on them than anything. Oops.



This was the best strawberry I made, and I was just doodling with my paintbrushes!




Here are a few of my decorated matchbook notebooks, and than on to the tutorial.


This one is strawberry for the theme of the week!


Okay; that's mostly what I've been making craft wise this week. Matchbook notebooks. I'm also putting together a HUGE goodie bag full of things I've been making for an awesome give-a-way. Anyways, here's the tutorial for the notebooks. They're useful at the club to hand out your number, or whatever.





take a plain old matchbook, and remove staple & matches.
cover one side. i painted it, because that's what i had here. you can cover it in fabric, or whatever you want to do.

Let them dry. My desk is awfully messy. It looks that like that still.

Paint the underside, and again - any color you want, or not at all. I matched it black.
Now at this point, I broke out my handy paper cutter I got for my birthday.

&&& I folded a page into fourths and traced the matchbook from the fold line up. Of course, than I cut it out.


Than, I perforated!


At this point I decorated the outside, because my paint had dried. I made a lot of different ones, but all of them said "Whiskey Doodle" on them. Marketing, baby.

Okay, so now place the paper inside the matchbook JUST like the matches before.

Now staple, and remember if you do perforate them, staple BELOW that line so that they still tear.

Here is my final one, and the ending of our tutorial.


Okay, guys. See you tomorrow for our cooking lessons! (You are teaching me something, right?) I need to go get a cigarette in me before I explode.

2 comments: